Monday, June 8, 2009

A Start

Today was my first experience with my 6 year old along for the couponing trip. It was a TRIP!!! lol. She tried to help. I finally noticed the machine that spits out coupons and pointed it out to her. That was a smart thing for this old mom to do. I had read on a blog that those coupons are manufacturers coupons. So they can be used at other stores. I have so much to learn. We were able to find several bargains. I tried to keep my eyes open for clearance items. I found a few but of course...no corresponding coupons. I WILL be able to get a large haul one day with coupons and clearance items.

Walgreens had a basket on the cosmetics counter. It was full of coupons for health/beauty items. I took some but also left some. I did not want to be too greedy. I am hoping I will be able to use them to save BIG bucks.

WalMart was a fun trip for me. I was able to get 3 Johnson & Johnson soap for free. I use the $3/3 coupon. I also needed some Poise pads. (ok..so I am getting old.....) I had $2 off coupon. So I was able to get all items for a little over $3.

Hopefully, my posts will get more interesting and more helpful. Check back!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Paula !
    I need your address for the coupon book !
    Jami@poormom.info

    Thanks for viewing my blog too !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shopping with a kid is crazy! Even more so with coupons. I've had so little success with my 2yo (never more than one store, coupons go flying and missing while shopping, etc.) that I've pretty much given up on coupons except for free stuff..

    ReplyDelete